Re: RC:Cranky posts-Suffering

In a message dated 3/12/01 3:02:56 AM Pacific Standard Time, tracey@tbt.co.za
writes:

>>Has anyone noticed that the last couple of threads have involved
VERYcranky replies and flaming has been on the upswing? Don't you think we
areall suffering from a lack of riding- friendly- weather?<<

      I really don't feel this is the case.  Most people that write on
Ridecamp have an opinion either a positive one or a negative one.  Either
opinion can be useful.  You can learn from both perspectives.  I have noticed
that if someone writes a negative one that it has been labeled rude, grouchy,
and/or replied back in the same manner.  The positive ones are replied back
with a simple comment like Great, I agree, or some other positive reply.
With the later kind of replies, you can't help but think, Yippee! I made it
without getting Flamed!
      I feel that readers need to let people have opinions either way.  It's
all for learning and it makes room for improvement in some way.
      Most (and there is a bunch!) readers never comment because of the fear
of flaming.  I feel this is sad, and we are missing out on a lot of useful
information one way or another.
      I wish readers would come out of the closet and join in and others
would let them have their say without this feeling to "set-them-in-line."  We
all could learn more by just reading and taking in what you want from it.
      I have riders right here on our ranch that I've asked to comment back
on something that they have read...they say "Are you Kidding, I don't want to
write anything on Ridecamp, I'll just stay lurking, Thank You!"  Are we
missing out because of this?

Tammy Robinson
Trail-Rite Ranch & Products
661/513-9269