Re: RC: Horses Back

Sounds like you are the right track. As horrible as it sounds, dressage is
one of the bet things you can do, lots of long and low, as well as round
(not cramped in a frame round) trot canter transitions, keep it quiet and
balenced, don't just let him run around with his face in the air or presed
into the dirt! If his back is still sore you might want to check how his
saddle fits (i know, we all think that stuff is only for other people) Well
set trot poles will help his stride and a couple of bounces will be good
later on (make sure the didtances are right for YOUR horse). Don't use the
excuse that you don't have access to a ring or your horse is western... ALL
my schooling is done in a hay field and along the trails and my horses do
every event. Hope it helps.
Calle Mirkowsky