Re: RC: Re: Clipping

OK, I admit it...I clip every year, I hate shedding out my
horse.  Usually in May.  Funny story -- Last year, I started
to do the full body clip.  And me being me, I clip very
symetrically.  1/2 the body at a time!!!  Anyway, get the
right half of his body done and the clippers break.  I'm
frantically calling everywhere to find new clippers.
Finally find them at State Line tack.  They have them in
stock.  Woman asks do I want express shipping....YES!!! My
horse is half clipped.  She expresses concerns and says no
problem.  But then she says, well at least it probably
doesn't look that bad, did you get his front half or back
half clipped?  After I explained to her that it was his
entire right side and the left was so hairy, it was
scary...it took her about 5 minutes to quit laughing.  I
kept him blanketed until the new clippers arrived...I didn't
want the other horses laughing at his bad haircut!!!  Moral
of the story, if you decide to clip, have extra blades and
an extra clipper handy.  If not an extra clipper a good
friend who will loan you theirs :-)
Diane & Phoenix (I have to endure another bad haircut this
year!)