Re: RC: Re: Another FOR REAL virus

>    Barb.   Thanks.  I've received SEVERAL of these  e-mails, and have
>deleted them unopened on principal - if I don't know who it's  from, it
>goes away.  I had a feeling...     Kathryn
>
>   ----- Original Message -----    From:
><mailto:bpeck@together.net>Barbara B.    Peck    To:
>RideCamp@endurance.net    Sent: Monday, March 05, 2001 4:00  PM   Subject:
>RC: Another FOR REAL virus
>   We were warned about this virus thru my employer (IBM) a    while ago.
>and they don't send out warnings unless it's a    killer.       Don't open
>any Email that has HAHAHA or SnowWhite and the    Seven...   in the
>header.       Delete it WITHOUT opening it.   (I happened to receive it
>yesterday in my home    Email).       Barb

It's an annoying worm
(http://service1.symantec.com/sarc/sarc.nsf/html/W95.Hybris.gen.html) that
spreads itself via Windows PCs (Macs can't even open .exe or .scr files,
let alone have the plug-ins the worm works through).  The sender likely
doesn't know the worm is using their address book.

Lynn Kinsky (Santa Ynez, CA)
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky