Re: Do I still want to do endurance?

Christian,

I remember you and your horse from NM '99.  We just had our first child in June 2000.  During our time off, some "issues" have come up with Sky's legs.  So, I feel I can relate to your question.  Sky and I came back in 2000/2001 and did well.  Not as good as he used to, but there *are* challenges regarding risk with being a mother, now I'm afraid to get hurt, and I do worry constantly about that next root/patch of sand ahead.  My decision has been to stop racing (as you know, we are racers as well as riders!) after this season, and staying involved getting into ride management, at least for a few years then if I decide to race again I will do it, with another horse.  Sky will be 14 this year and I certainly won't race him at 20!  Since, as someone else said, when it stops being fun it's time to quit, I decided that recently.  I have alot more time with my son, and I'm not stressed juggling training and motherhood duties, plus a full-time job.  That's my input to you, from someone in a similar situation.  Happy trails!