Re: RC: stud fees, etc

In a message dated 02/29/2000 4:52:38 PM Pacific Standard Time,
TddWil@aol.com writes:

<< I just started advertising our stallion for breeding and wondered whether
the
 stud fee is usually paid up front or after the foal is born?  >>

Having bred our mare to an outside stallion, the policy was a booking fee
(about 1/3 if I remember correctly), then the balance when the mare was
pronounced in foal.  If anything happened during pregnancy or if the foal
died or was dead at birth, then I had a re-booking right, but no refund.

Barbara