Re: RC: stud fees, etc

Hi Shelly
Stud fees are paid up front. We have taken payments. In endurance there
is no requirement for registration so you have no leverage if they have
the foal already. It doesn't happen often but it only needs to happen to
you once before you get wise.
In transported semen the fee is paid prior to shipping. Once the little
buggers are gone, you really don't know how many mares are using it; we
send enough for 2 days of breeding. It is always a gamble, and people
can always find ways to take advantage of you. I just figure I continue
to be upfront and if people are dishonest with me, well.... what goes
around comes around.
Good luck with your stallion.
Bette

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of TLA Halynov