Re: spooking arabs theory

I took our 2 year old colt out for a walk last night...sacked him out and
even put my old pony saddle on him so he'd have "something" on him.  Never
blinked an eye....I put that saddle blanket all over him and even covered
his eyes up!  Flapped the blanket up and down on his back.  Solid as a
rock.  Took him out the drive and started him down the road and the
snorting began!!  It was hilarious...the world beyond the driveway is a
jungle!!  His shadow was going to eat him...the cracks in the road were
going to open up and swallow him!!  We had a fun walk though and took our
time and I just led him up to whatever scared him, slipped him a treat now
and then and just let him see the world around him.  I think we will start
ponying a little bit now but a walk was a good first step!  It just amazed
me how he perceives his world within his pasture and our yard as safe
territory and then "poof" turns into a snorting maniac (well, not quite
that bad!) when he steps out of bounds!! :)  Smart little bugger
though...he will be a pleasure to work with for years to come!

Maggie Mieske
Mieske's Silver Lining
10601 S. Richards Rd.
McBain, Michigan 49657