training Arabs!

"A friend once said to me. . . the difference between training Arabians and
other breeds is this:  Most breeds you teach something new on day one;
repeat it day two and day three, and by the end of the week they have
caught on.  Teach an Arabian something new on day one; day two he says
"I've got it," day three he says, "Wait, I have a better way of doing it!"

"This story is very true.  Arabians learn very quickly, both the good and
the bad.  They are smart enough to figure out the next step, with or
without you.  This means that training Arabians becomes a very mental game.
 The rider needs to carefully anticipate the next stage of training and be
sure the horse's development is firmly headed in the right direction.  It
also makes training fairly easy if done correctly, as Arabians are not only
smart, but, very generous horses.  Their kind and generous nature, combined
with their high intelligence, make them excellent mounts for a variety of
riders. . ."

-From Arabian Focus Magazine, written by Greta Wrigley