Re: RC: Re: RE: spooking arabs theory

> PIGS!!  No intelligent Arab stands for PIGS!!

Not just Arabs---"once upon a time" I had a Pinto mare that nuthin'
bothered.   I was riding her two miles down the road to check cattle in the
"other" pasture, when she absolutely refused to go across a concrete bridge.
I could see absolutely no reason for her to balk--but I was in a hurry, so I
just got off and led her across, then hopped back and on checked the cows.
Of course, no horse ever just pretends to balk on the way home, so I figured
we had it made.   No way.   She absolutely refused to cross this bridge
again.   Then---I heard it--- those "whuff-whuff-whuff" sounds of pigs in
their wallow -- which they had made UNDER the bridge -- she could smell
them---but couldn't see them---and was not about to cross any bridge that
might hold Big Billy Goat Gruff or his pig friends.

startled from a nap in the sun to a squealing retreat
        And I was forever grateful that this did not happen to us (grin).

Or how about the time (as an ignorant kid) I tied my horse by her bridle
reins so I could get a drink at a friend's house---and the big turkey
gobbler made like to attack?   I was able to catch my horse but had a time
splicing the reins back.

Claudia