Re: Re: ankle chips ?

> i appreciate the input.  apparently the chips have not caused this horse
> be lame?????  they were found on xray when deciding to continue training.
> will ask more ?'s.  jm

   My horse, Fire Mt Smoke, bowed in the LF on the track on the summer of
1996.  I bought him in the summer of 1997 after he had completed a few LD's
and 2 50's. The vet check showed an old chip in the RF fetlock area. It was
almost completely dissolved and not near any joint surfaces anymore.  We
theorized he chipped at the race, threw his weight on the good (left) leg
and bowed that one. Who knows. Anyway he now has 2150 endurance miles, 1000
last year alone. He has 2 pulls in that 3 year time frame, none related to
either front leg. Every case is different, but the perfect horse is hard to
find. (and they won't be perfect for long)

Jim Mitchell