RC: New born foals

Well, it's been a long time since I was employed as a breeding manager, but we
used to give the foals a Tetanus Anti-toxin after foaling (along with dipping
the umbilical in iodine). That may no longer be standard practice, what do the
vets on the list say?

We never vaccinated with anything else until the foals were 6 months old
(usual weaning time). Of course, we didn't wean and vaccinate at the same
time. Spread it out by a couple of weeks to a month so the stress factors
wouldn't trigger a reaction.

Dianne
Central Texas

WriteAway
Writing Solutions. The Write Way, Write Away.