Re: sensors for heart rate monitor

>Does anyone know of a place to buy some kind of a solution or gel to help
the
>sensors on my heart rate monitor get a reading?  I've been using water to
wet
>the horse down to get a reading when we first start out.  With winter
here, I
>don't want to get my horse all sweaty and when the water dries out, the
heart
>rate no registers.  Am I making any sense?  Anyway, I figure there's got to
>be a gel out there similar to what my doctor's office uses, but don't know
>where to get it.
>
>Rhonda and Special

Pure Aloe Vera gel...we use it almost exclusively and have had no problems
with the monitors not working well.  Be sure you get the really thick
stuff...I made a mistake and got some once that was pretty thin and it was
runny and messy.  I went to REI and picked up some little squeeze bottles
(about 3" high) with the little flip top spigot where the gel comes
out...the kind where the piece that flips up makes it easy to squirt the
gel where you might need it.  The bottles are just the right size to fit in
the middle pocket of the front Snugpax where we keep the transmitter.

Sue

"If all you can do is what you've always
done, then all you can be is what you are right now."
                              author unknown

sbrown@wamedes.com
Tyee Farm
Marysville, Wa.