sensors for heart rate monitor

Does anyone know of a place to buy some kind of a solution or gel to help the
sensors on my heart rate monitor get a reading?  I've been using water to wet
the horse down to get a reading when we first start out.  With winter here, I
don't want to get my horse all sweaty and when the water dries out, the heart
rate no registers.  Am I making any sense?  Anyway, I figure there's got to
be a gel out there similar to what my doctor's office uses, but don't know
where to get it.

Rhonda and Special