Re: RC: ride managers

Heidi,

    I agree that those who do not ride, do not get all the benefits that are
available to those members who do ride.  My feeling is that the organization
provides a structure that enables ride managers to put on rides,  which attracts
more riders because it assures the participants that there will be a level
playing field, competent vets, and a recourse if they feel that there were not
treated fairly.  Whether they ride or not, and accumulate points and earn awards
or not, I feel that ride managers get value by the structure that AERC provides,
and I  myself am willing to pay the 17 cents a day that it costs.  (actually, I
withhold 2 carrots a day from my horses and that covers my annual dues--but don't
tell my horses.)

Terry Woolley Howe
San Diego