EPM in feed

My neighbor here in New Mexico does indeed believe that it is possible
for a horse to be infected by EPM through contamination in the feed
mills.  She has a mare that was diagnosed with EPM last summer, and we
don't have opossums in this part of the country.  She and the vet
decided that it must have come through the feed that has its mill in an
area that does have such critters, and it got contaminated there.  So
here is one case where we think that is what happened.

Anna

PS - Tom - I'm loving your book!