Re: RC: Interstate Transport

In a message dated 2/21/00 7:30:15 AM Pacific Standard Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

<< Don't know much
 about them first of all(West Coast outfit)and they charge 720 to
 haul from Oregon to Texas(lowest rate I've found)but they want
 a Coggins, Health Certificate and brand inspection(Cayenne Doesn't
 have a brand but that doesn't matter and I understand). >>

"THEY" don't want it--those things are required BY LAW.  Texas is pretty
serious about Coggins tests (saw a notice on a clinic wall down there last
week that there were 400+ positive cases in Texas last year) and you have to
have a negative one to even move a horse IN-state there and in some other
southern states.  The transport company has to comply or face stiff fines if
they get caught.  For the record--when we crossed over into Oklahoma on I-35
last week, there was a mobile checkpoint pulling over ALL horse trailers and
checking for Coggins tests and health certificates--one can't just "assume"
that "no one will check..."

Heidi