[Fwd: RC: Re: Heart Monitors]

"hn.heather" wrote:

> > I've seen a hr monitor which doesn't have pads, just has like pincers which
> take fold of skin, like an electrocardiagram machine uses.
> Anyone got one of these?
>
> Heather
> France

Hi Heather,

I have one of those and it works well at the VC, but you
can't use it out on the trail. The pincers will get loose. I
do have another one with the display directly on what you
normally have as the transmitter. There is no need for any
transmitter/receiver. I talked to Roger Rittenhouse in Dubai
1998 and he said he knows them, but they never get to the
US-market. I am in contact with the manufacturer to get some
(there should be 10 or 15 of them on stock, I'll keep you
informed). They work even better at the VC, you simply use
the human girth (making it a bit longer to fit around your
horse, of course).

Wolfgang + Ninja 11
Germany