Fwd: ride managers

In a message dated 02/20/2000 10:48:26 AM Pacific Standard Time, BMcCrary27
writes:

 In a message dated 02/19/2000 3:27:19 PM Pacific Standard Time,
TOS@htcomp.net writes:

 << also, (to a point) keeps 'conflict of interest' from
  rearing it's ugly head, in case of certian problems.

 I agree.  I remember once on what has now become "our" ride, the head vet's
girlfriend rode.  Don't you just think the other riders called THIS a
conflict of interest!  I HAVE ridden one of our own rides rarely, but I
accept the breaks just like any other rider.  I think the main point the
other writer was trying to make is that a non-riding alternate ride manager
should either not have to be an AERC member or be given a reduced rate for
membership.
 I don't see why this should be.  It suggests that a ride manager who wants
to ride his own ride can just draft ANYONE into the day manager job and
everything will go fine.

 Barbara

---- Begin included message ----

---- End included message ----