Happy Birthday, Muferra!

Today is a milestone for our Grand Dame herd matron Muferra, as she is
celebrating her 30th birthday.  Her numerous accomplishments as a brood mare
include RT Muffin (AERC Hall of Fame with over 100 endurance wins, still
running at age 21, and getting close to 10,000 miles), Aurlani Farwa
(successful Show Hack stallion who went on to found his own endurance dynasty
as a sire, including 1999 Tevis winner and 1998 PNER Champion BRR Aurber
Lights and several other very successful horses), Amal Salute (successful
race horse--sorry, I don't have his impressive record here--who has gone on
to be an outstanding sire in Canada), FV Sparks Aflyin' (successful endurance
stallion), FV Stoic (whose offspring are showing tremendous potential for
both racing and endurance and who was lost recently to a brain tumor--his
further influence as a sire will be greatly missed), and numerous other
offspring who have been outstanding producers.  Muferra was bred by Marjorie
Van Gilder of Wasco, Oregon, and is by her wonderful old Abu Farwa son Muhuli
(himself an outstanding sire of "using horses" in various disciplines
including endurance and racing), and out of the Buddi daughter Ferlina, who
is very representative of the foundation breeding of Marjorie and her mother
Sadie Rich.  Muferra has produced well for several different breeders, and
her descendants are enriching programs too numerous to count.

It is too muddy here today to have much of a "formal" party, so I hope you'll
all join us in having a cyber-party for our precious old lady!

Heidi