Re: RC: Re: Tieing up/Cardiac Recovery

In a message dated 2/19/00 8:18:56 PM Pacific Standard Time, DVeritas@aol.com
writes:

<<  (I've had my doubts in its validity due to the psychological makeup of
 some horses and the resultant physiologic responses when a competitive
equine
 athlete is faced with certain VC stimuli.)  And before anyone ballyhoos that
 point, I can't count the times I've heard, "Oh please, don't walk away from
 Stewball, his pulse will just shoot up if you take away his trail mate...."

This usually is not a factor after Vet Check One, and it doesn't take a
rocket scientist to tell when this is the case.  But I worry about these
horses that stress themselves out because of a buddy or whatever--the mental
stress they generate takes away from what they have to "spend" on the trail.

Heidi