The study cited

I know little about eventing except that is has the three phases.  How does
the duration of work in this study compare to a 50-100 mile endurance ride?
If it was significantly less, how can we know that these results would hold
true for endurance distances at relatively slow speeds?  And I say slow,
Tom, because that will be the case in rides with difficult, technical
terrain, where many US endurance riders compete.

Cindy