Re: RC: Re: Tieing up

In a message dated 2/19/00 12:24:49 PM Mountain Standard Time, Tivers@aol.com
writes:
   (First snip, from Heidi)
> But so far I haven't noticed any link between the drop in resting HR and
>  the recovery times to a clinically normal range,>
>  (This from Tom)
>  That's one of the reasons why HR recovery is next to useless in a vet
check.

Tom,
    In your book, The Fit Racehorse, page 38, you state, "Heartrate is a
direct measurement of the stresses placed on the cardiovascular system and
CAN BE USED AS A TOOL OF MEASUREMENT TO DETERMINE THE LEVEL OF STRESS OF A
WORKOUT, A RACE (caps mine), or a modified form of exercise...".
    If heartrate can be used to determine stress levels, how can heartrate
RECOVERY be next to useless in a vet check?
    I'm easily confused,  go slow. (g)

  Frank.