Re: RC: Tieing up

In a message dated 2/19/00 10:17:26 AM Pacific Standard Time, Tivers writes:

<< I have no aversion to facts. I do have an aversion to the flights of
fantasy  >>

Then dispute my facts, sir.  The fact that I didn't memorize the reference
does not make it non-existent.  Colleagues in academia are wonderful for
looking those things up when they are needed.  Not a one of us stands alone
in this world.  You chastise the science people for a lack of "practical
experience" and you chastise those of us who have spent our lives in the
field because we do not keep the references at our fingertips once we have
made use of the facts that they contain.  In fact, field people and
researchers actually DO communicate with each other, and make use of each
other's particular expertise.

Sorry if I went back to the non-substantive level that you seem to enjoy so
much--will go back to picking the occasional pearl out of the muck.

Heidi