Re: Tying up

ti -- when you say "two or three days off", do you mean no activity at all?
 If horses are in a (let's say), 40 acre pasture that is either gradual up
and down or steep,  and they cover quite a few miles everyday in their
pasture -- would you consider that to be "off"?   Haven't had any problems
with tying up except with a 1/2 quarter horse mare who was fairly heavily
muscled (original tie-up was probably mainly my fault, but then had to
fight the "tendency" from then on).
----------
> From: Tivers@aol.com
> To: hn.heather@wanadoo.fr; ridecamp@endurance.net
> Subject: RC:   Tieing up
> Date: Friday, February 18, 2000 11:12 AM
>
> In a message dated 2/18/00 9:50:18 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> hn.heather@wanadoo.fr writes:
>
> << Are you saying that she should be worked every day?  If this is the
case
> why
>  should she tie-up now rather than say 2 months ago, because her work
routine
>  has always been like this.  Or is it something to do with her being
fitter?>

> Yes, fitness. Probably has to do with stored muscle glycogen.
>
>  >Sometimes I find training horses for endurance somewhat confusing.  For
>  long time I've understood that once horses are legged up its not
necessary
>  to "train" them everyday.  Certainly I don't know many endurance riders
in
>  France who ride their horses everyday.>
>
> That informatino is ancient and incorrect (that fitness lasts forever).
In