Re: RC: Pumping gas in Oregon

In a message dated 2/17/00 7:35:00 PM Pacific Standard Time,
EnduranceMorgan@aol.com writes:

<< > (it's $1.37 for unleaded regular today.)

 THAT'S ALL?????!!!!! Regular unleaded is going for an average of $1.55 in
the
 SF Bay Area. Shell has it at $1.79 for regular. >>

Boy, sure glad we were able to go the "northern" route on a quick dash we
just made to Texas--through southern Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas,
Oklahoma, and N. Texas, I don't think we ever paid more than $1.45 for diesel
with the low being about $1.30, and everywhere we were, regular unleaded was
considerably less.  (Which galls me, because diesel is cheaper to produce...)
 I know when I came home via the "southern" route back in October (NM, AZ,
NV, with a side jaunt into CA to pick up a horse) it was way worse than that
already, with highs in NV going well over $1.60.

Heidi