Re: RC: Re: Fwd: RC: older campaigners

In a message dated 2/17/00 5:02:47 AM Pacific Standard Time,
FIREDANCEFARMS@prodigy.net writes:

<< I will mention this about older horses.  When they get to be around 17,
some
 of them have real trouble with their balance in a trailer.  We have three
 that cannot ride in a solid divider, and two that cannot ride in a straight
 load.  >>

Louise, I don't think that can be considered a normal part of aging.  If they
are losing their equilibrium like that, I'd be seriously looking for some
sort of a cause.  I've never had a bit of trouble hauling horses well into
their 20's in all sorts of rigs.  There is something going on with these guys
that isn't normal!

Heidi