Re: RC: cows and endurance horses

In a message dated 02/16/2000 7:29:55 PM Pacific Standard Time,
bolinger@bigsky.net writes:

<< .our Arabs would get so excited that we'd usually have to give up and go
home and get the "good ole boys". >>

Some of our Arabs that we've tried are hopeless with cattle, but we've had a
1/2 Arab, a purebred, and a 3/4 Arab mare that have worked cattle and have
done a very decent job.  The hopeless ones just got too cranked up.  The
right ones do a fine job.  Many years ago Sheila Varian rode one of her mares
to a win at the Cow Palace over all QHs in cutting.  It was a thrill to see.

Barbara