Re: RC: Step stools was Far Outtt Forest, With the Kid: Part Four

Maggie-Be very careful with the step stool.  Last April I took a very
bad fall when my young horse backed up into the stool-got his foot
caught, bucked like crazy to get away from the stool and I and the stool
went flying.  I still have the hematoma to proof it.  Use something
solid as a mounting block or just look for a higher piece of ground or a
stump to stand on to help you mount.  My older horse will stand next to
almost anything for me!  I also don't think it's a good idea to be
pulling on their back or the saddle.  I too see to have lost my
bounce-it's an age thing.