Re: RC: Re: juniors

In a message dated 2/13/00 12:57:19 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mmieske@netonecom.net writes:

<< on our
 only fifty together, only Best Condition received a score sheet.  We had to
 go ask what our scores were but were never given a copy...shouldn't we get
 these if we ask for them?  I guess since we never got the score sheets at
 that last 50 is what made us think maybe juniors weren't considered for BC.
  I don't know.>>

The BC sheets are triplicate forms, with one of those copies specifically for
the rider.  If you were judged, you are entitled to your copy of your form.

<< I have heard it said that BC is only a subjective
 (political) consideration rather than an objective look at the horses and
 their overall condition.  I would like to think not (rose colored glasses
 firmly in place here!) but what can be done? >>

While it is true that anything judged with human eyes and ears is subjective
to some degree, more and more vets are adopting mathematical scoring systems
in which each parameter is assigned a certain number of points and is scored
on a numerical scale.  Many vets are very consistent with their judging.

Heidi