Re: twinkies ad nausiem

<And, (with reference to Maggie's post) I would like to know which "real"
endurance rider didn't want to participate in Ridecamp because of threads
"like this". >

FYI, I know plenty of "real" endurance riders ("real" being your emphasis
not mine though I am not sure why) who are not impressed with Ridecamp....I
don't think it is my place to name names but they are Michigan riders and
it's not just one or even two.  It's several.  They are clients of ours, we
shoe their horses and I guess if they don't want to be a part of ridecamp
that is their business and far be it for me to name them.  And if you doubt
the veracity of that, then that's your prerogative. I would never dare tell
a "real" endurance rider what to do (where the heck did you get THAT
impression?).  I never pretended to be the "moderator" of ridecamp...I know
Steph "polices" it from time to time and I am surprised and disappointed
that she hasn't stepped in on this thread.  I am entitled to my opinion as
you are to yours.  I happen to think that this thread deteriorated rather
rapidly and was in poor taste...I kept reading the posts hoping to see
something from someone about the original post (putting salt on a mare's
vulva to cause her to pee) that would give us some clue as to whether this
was something acceptable or not.  I had never heard of anything like it.  I
know you guys like a good joke and Howard tells some iffy ride stories
(still enjoy them though) but there are websites specifically just for that
kind of entertainment.  I don't think this thread was what Steph had in
mind when she created ridecamp.

Maggie Mieske
Mieske's Silver Lining
10601 S. Richards Rd.