Re: Why different helmets for different sports?

Subject: RC: Why different helmets for different sports?

I was told that the helmets are designed to protect against the most likely
impact of each sport.  So, when you come flying off of your bicycle, you are
more likely to impact on a different part of your head than if you come
flying off of your horse.  You will notice that a helmet for riding a horse
offers more protection to the back of your head than a bicycle helmet while
the bicycle helmet offers the most protection to the top of your head.
Considering the fuller coverage offered by the riding helmet, I would think
you would be safer using your riding helmet on your bike than the other way
around.

Cathy in central Oregon