Riding with Pain

I'd like to know how you cope with pain while riding. In my case, the pain
is in pulled muscles or ligaments where my left leg is attached to the
pelvis. This happened Christmas Day and I haven't ridden since. Yes, I've
consulted my physician and we're working on it, but I begin to fear it may
be chronic.

First of all, it still hurts too much to sit on my horse, but even if I
could sit on him, I'd constantly be so tense I'd be giving him all sorts of
weird signals. We haven't been together long enough and he's not experienced
enough to cope or be forgiving of "weird signals."

Coping strategies would be appreciated.

T'Lara J. Freedom
MILLER THOMSON
Calgary, AB