full english saddle covers???

HI ridecampers!!!!!!
It is sunny here (in Arcata), sort of......it could rain at any second but
that is just the way it is here (Pat Farmer-you know what I'm talking about).
 I should go ride, I might...I never know when my friends with horses are
going to go for a ride.  I sort of have to call and "get invited"....(Carol
and Uri--if Joan emails this post to you, you know what I mean by "getting
invited").
    My question for today (my first question for today) is....
I know a lot of you use saddle covers on your english saddles...the ones that
cover the whole saddle.  Do you use the real sheepskin covers (like the ones
from Sportack) or do you have synthetic ones.  Some people say that synthetic
covers rub them raw and some people use then and ride in shorts.
    Synthetic ones are cheaper, they can be thrown in the washer and....I
don't really know the other plusses.  Real sheepskin covers are NICE...very
NICE.  And you just order them, you can't have them custom made to fit your
saddle (at least I don't think so).
    anyhoooooooo...let me know what all-a-ya'll think.
thanks....
-Renee