selenium injections

For a selenium injection the package insert mentions testing blood or hair
first, too, to see how far off "normal" each horse is.  I know of a vet who
quickly killed a young, healthy stallion a year and a half ago with one.  He
said he did not read the package insert or have the horse's blood assayed.
I heard from the witness that it was pushed in quickly, maybe too fast, and
that there was a possibility the vet forgot to pull back on the plunger
carefully to make sure he wasn't in a blood vessel.  Talk to your extension
agents, too, about how other livestock in your area is doing with Se and how
much others are supplementing, and the results, especially with breeding
farms.