Re: RC: Re: Helmets

In a message dated 02/11/2000 12:54:21 PM Pacific Standard Time,
CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com writes:

<< Don't forget, Heather, that one can be "pro-choice" AND "pro-helmet"--I
would
 hate to ever see it MANDATORY to wear them, but I'll do everything I can to
 educate people that it is the smart CHOICE to wear one!  :-)

I agree with your statement.  I was opposed to making wearing seatbelts
mandatory, too.  My theory is that it is the riders' (or drivers') choice
whether they want to or not, but my husband told me that not wearing a
seatbelt COULD result in causing another's injury in a wreck.  I'm not
completely swayed by this theory, and I believe in freedom of choice.  Of
course I persuaded him to wear a helmet, partly because of his accident about
6 years ago and partly because I didn't want to find myself a widow,
prematurely.

Barbara