Re: RC: Re: rider shoes

My husband & I ride in shoes made by Roper - their
Kiltie-style athletic shoe.  It is built on a wide
last (we have wider feet), made of all leather outers
and gortex lining.  I have one pair that's narly 8
years old & just now starting to wearout from the
inside out.

There's enough tread to allow walking/jogging on steep
up & down hills, but not so much as to catch your foot
in the stirrups.  They have a nice heel, steel arch
support, and spur rest (if you need one).

We added Ariat's gel footbeds & that made it heavenly!
 We always look for a wide-ish shoe because I know
that my feet will have swelled some by the end of the
ride.

Linda Flemmer
Blue Wolf Ranch
Bruceton Mills, WV