Re: RC: question about Chromium

In a message dated 2/11/00 2:16:32 AM Pacific Standard Time,
hotspots@fast.net writes:

<< Back when the carbo loading thread first started Ti had mentioned that the
carbo dosing pre ride may in fact help prevent tie ups.  When questioned
further he said it was probably because of the Chromium.  Would this be the
same Chromium Picolinate that I take so I don't crave chocolate?  If so, how
much would you give and if a horse has a tendency to tie up due to nerves is
this something that would be beneficial?  At what dosage?  Just pre ride or
on a daily basis?
 Sandy Terp >>

We're using chromium polynicotinate--a more bio-available form that
picolinate, and the dose is 3.5 mg per serving of GL. One dose of GL the
night before seems to prevent tying up the next day--but then you have to get
some exercise into the horse that tie-up-free day or you're bck into the
syndrome again.

ti