Re: RC: RE: Biodiesel- can eat up hosing

I did some searches and found out lots of information on biodiesel, but nowhere could I find pricing or avilability....anybody have such information or know where to get it?

Hi- Food type oil can eat up rubber over a period of time. I notice this
in my horse feeder tubs, but on no less authority than the 'Car Talk'
radio show, it can be a problem in engines that are using biodiesel.
Maybe if you mix it 50/50 with 'real' diesel it would not eat up the
fuel lines.
-Amy

I would like some more hands-on information on this biodiesel, tho.  I cannot imagine that hoses and lines designed to carry petroleum products would deteriorate with vegetable products... anyone know a website or a person with more details?

Just priced an second fuel tank (75 gal) for my truck (Freightliner FL 70).  New, tank and mounting brackets alone $995....so much for saving on fuel costs in the near future...looking for a used one now.  All I can find are very big or very small ones. Trying truck junk yards today....

--
Teddy Lancaster
American Endurance Ride Conference # 139422

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak;
Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

-- Winston Churchill