[Fwd: RC: Research at rides]

Bette Lamore wrote:

> snip...
> I really haven't a clue as to who would want to fund this project other
> than heavyweight riders who want to find out what their options are or
> breeders who do not produce any larger Arabians.

Hi Bette,

last October I met a real horseman from Poland, Jerzy Urbanski, at an
international CEI here in Germany. Jerzy is one of those people in Poland who
knows nearly everything about the horses bred there. I asked him about two horses
offered to me, both purebred polish arabs. One is a small arab gelding with 147 cm
(hey, what's that in "hands", "feet" or "inches"???), good confirmation but, as I
thought, a bit to small for me (180 cm, 75 kg - lot of hands and some feet, some
stones, too and ounces <bg>).The other horse is a arab mare, 153 cm and "more
horse" (you know what I mean). I prefered the mare, but Jerzy told me that the
gelding could be better because he is smaller (?!?!). Jerzy said that they often
see problems in bigger arabs caused by the legs. We didn't go deeper into that
discussion but maybe some of our RC-breeders can say a word to this.

Wolfgang + Ninja 11 (pure polish anglo-arab with  height of 158 cm)
Germany