Re: RC: FW: toughening feet

            My experience has been that it works in some cases but not all.I
agree that if a horse can go barefoot that it is the best thing for it.If God
meant for them to have holes in there feet they would come with them already
in place.We als need to keep in mind that nature also weeds out the poor
footed ones ( including founder ,navicular ,etc.) by making them lunch for
some other animal.Most of you have Arabs and good feet are usually pretty
common in that breed.Here are the three basic reasons why you shoe a horse :
                            1. Prevent excessive wear
                            2. Traction
                            3. Theraputic reasons

The one thing I would caution the barefoot approach in this sport especially
is the same thing I have said a number of times.That is when it comes to
horses you can't make blanket choices without looking at each horse as an
individule.I have foundered horses in eggbars to barefoot and things in
between.Just a few more words of my ever humble opinion.

RD