Re: Helmets required!!!

A friend of mine was ponying a young horse for a very short distance on the pavement near her house. The young horse spooked, she didn't let go of the lead rope, raised the hand holding onto the reins of the horse she was riding (a very steady horse) & pulled back hard enough that she pulled her horse backwards. The horse slipped, fell on my friend & she was in a bad way. Broke out the front of her pelvis....BUT she was wearing her helmet which will never be the same again. Her head, on the other hand, is just fine. As you might imagine, she went on a crusade to get the rest of us to begin wearing helmets. Hate it, but I wear it anyway. Had just recently began to slack off & wear it only part of the time. After all the "helmet" messages am beginning to think that somebody is trying to tell me something. Okay, okay,I'll wear it!
carol
Roseburg, Or.