Re: RC: Heartrates up to 220]

karen@chaton.gardnerville.nv.us writes:

<< I believe the study that was done at Tevis concluded that the weight of
the
 rider had nothing to do with whether or not the horse completed the ride.

 k >>

There are studies, and then there are studies. Too many variables at play in
the "completing the ride" result. Weight of the horse, position at the
finish, rate of speed during the ride, terrain, nutrition, etc. What we did
was manipulate one variable. We took several horses that were smaller (100 to
200 lbs) than another broup of horses, exercised them all at the same speed
on the treadmill, then exercised them all at the same speed, under similar
weight, on the track.

ti