Speed gene/was DNA testing update

--- Bette Lamore <woa@stormnet.com> wrote:
> do you feel that people buy horses with the same
> bloodlines and tend to
> spend more money on these to optimize their potential? In
> other words,
> do you feel genetics comes into play at all?

So, does this explain why supposed backyard bred horses,
rescues or non-purebreds, under the right tuteledge (sp?)
become champions? And couldn't the well-bred, super
pedigreed horses fall into that same niche? (Under the
right environment.) What I am trying to say, barring any
physical deformities or abnormalities, would it be "fairly"
safe to say most foals are born equal? (say arabs for
instance.) It's their possibilities/environment/etc. in
life that separate the "men" from the "boys" so to speak?

Heidi & Mighte El Donte (Does this mean that I am the man
in your life mom?!)