Spooky Horses and clicker training

 I have gotten into clicker training recently and started working an a horse that was scared of almost everything. I taught him to target a bucket lid that he was terrified of. Then we started targeting everything he spooked at. Now when he sees something scary he walks up to it, puts his nose on it , waits for the click and treat. This took about 2 hours to achieve. I rode him yesterday and he was a different horse, full of confidence. I am using Alexandra Kurland's book Clicker Training Your Horse www.clickertraining.com. There is a lot of information on the web at clickryder and the KBR Ranch websites. I have been working with horses over 40 yrs. and this is the best method I have ever used. Karen Parker