Endurance stars

Debi,
I was glad to read your letter to ridecamp.  I remember reading in
Trailblazer about the "year of the Big Red Horse". I was in awe. I wasn't
jealous or envious, just in awe.  Since then, I was lucky enough to aquire a
"big red horse" and I always think about your story.  I have seen you at a
couple of northeast rides and was just too shy to approach you. I wish now
that I had.  And you can bet, the next time I see you at a ride, I'll come up
and say hello.

A few years ago, I was recording for Art King at the Great East Branch ride
when you were using that ride as a demonstration ride.  Art was your "vet"
throughout the ride.  I remember him saying, after you had vetted thru at
about mile 65, "That horse is a what a natural athlete looks like".  I think
even he was in awe.

It's a great sport.  Hope to see you on the trail.

Sallie and Matty (alias KS Mateef)
NE  AERC #15099