[Fwd: RC: Heartrates up to 220]

"guest@endurance.net" wrote:

> Mike Everett qbmike@hotmail.com
> Here in the foothills and mountains of N.C. about all we do is interval training. Up hill down hill and often reach heartrates of 210 to 220. Been doing this for 6 years and our horses have excellent recoveries. Does anyone out there go this high with rates? Mike Everett

Hi Mike,

yes, I do so. The highest reading according to my Polar Accurex Plus was a 225 last year at the last heat of an intervall of 3 at a mountain. Ninja often goes up to 210 - 223 at those kind of intervalls. I do have the interface for the Polar, so I can keep track of his HR as
well as of the improvement he made.
Now I have Tom's book "TFR II" and I guess that Ninja is going to beat the 230 this year. We just started with the LSD and having the first "peak" at the end of March when doing a 120 km (75 mile). I guess Ninja is doing better this year because we will change many things we
made wrong in the past - without really knowing about what went wrong. But Tom is giving so many informations and they go very deep into "the horse" so I hope that Ninja isn't to old to benefit from this (he is now 13, doing his 7th year of long distances (more than 50
miles) with a break of one year because of a crack in the tendon).

My goal for this year is - of course - being member of the Geman Team at the WEC.

Happy trails,

Wolfgang + Ninja 11
Germany