How serious is ringbone?

Theresa Radandt tradandt@stephenson.k12.mi.us
Looked at an otherwise great horse yesterday, just what I want, older, experienced, big, gaited(TWH).  Only thing is that he has a "very light" (vet's words) case of ringbone in one front leg.  In her professional opinion, it should be "manageable" for trail riding and 25 milers, but she wouldn't guarantee multi-dayers (not exactly my goal, anyway!).  He is sixteen, so I don't expect him to be "perfect" physically, but is ringbone manageable?  I would have my own vet check him, do radiographs, etc., of course, first.  I'm posting as a guest since my email had to choose this day of all days to go haywire.  Any words of advice please send direct to me (rather than clutter up Ridecamp) at either tradandt@stephenson.k12.mi.us or tradandt.usa.net.  Thanks in advance!  Terri Radandt (in email withdrawal)