RC: endurance prospect, etc.

ti wrote:
>>> Actually, Bobbie Lieberman taught me to write a coherent
paragraph--blame
her! Bobbie, tell 'em what an illiterate I was when you were my editor
at
Equus. Well, maybe you don't want to give away your age.>>

I remember the first piece of writing we ever received from Tom, soon
after his harness horse days in Ohio. We ran it in EQUUS as a column
called "As I see It." But that was only the beginning. (We should have
known we would not so easily be rid of him!) Soon after, Matthew M-S and
I would tap into Tom's overactive, brimming-over-with-new-ideas mind, as
we wrote our first "Equine Athlete" Special Issue back in, um, 1983,
complete with progressive-loading programs for the endurance horse. Many
may not realize it (cuz y'all were so young back then ;-), but Tom and
Pop's ideas contributed much to the foundation of modern endurance training.

Actually, what set Tom apart from the crowd even then was that he always
had a passion for whatever he did -- especially when it came to training
horses. I still  remember the first time he shared with me his
no-holds-barred story of how horses
*could* be trained -- the words rolling off him like a musician building
a riff -- all delivered with that unquenchable fire for learning (and
teaching) that still burns as brightly today.

Tom, glad you stuck around to make the old curmudgeon stage.

--Bobbie