Re: RC: Easyboot question

At 07:58 PM 2/6/00 -0800, sharon dial wrote:
>General opinions would be of interest but I'd most value hearing from those
>who have used them extensively and (no offense meant) would know a bruised
>wall if they saw one.

Sharon:  A lot of people use easyboots and their horses suffer no ill
consequences.  What works for me might not work for you, my advice would be
to try it on your horse and see how s/he does with them.

The most common problem people have with the boots is having the heel strap
make the heel bulb sore or bruised.  This can usually be alleviated by
using vetwrap around the hoof or the heel strap or both.  Or you may have
to cut down the size of the heelstrap.

I would probably qualify as having used easyboots extensively, having
completed well over 5000 miles so far in them.  My horses do extremely well
with them on all distances and I feel the positives far outweigh any
negatives (if there are any).  I find they are great for going over rock,
pavement or even deep sand.  Some people don't like them in mud, but then I
usually try not to ride my horses when it's that muddy, and if it is then I
simply don't have to use the boots.  That is what is so wonderful about
them, you can put them on and off at will, not like pads.

If you are going to be at the convention I'll show you how to put the boots
on and some of the tricks I use.  :+)  Have you seen my webpages on
easyboots?

Happy Trails,

Karen
in NV